Sunday, May 6, 2012

How do you eat without arms?

I'm watching Nosario eat his food without his arms. It is very interesting and an issue I did not think of. I was wondering if he was going to slurp the food from off the plate but he is able to manipulate the fork to mix el frijos, sour cream, eggs, and then uses the fork as a cantilever (pushing one end down with his right stump) to get the food into his mouth. It is remarkable. And he is eating toast with it too. This dude just blows my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all these posts, Wendy. They're very eye-opening for me.

    I hope you're getting a chance to get out and have some fun, too.

    - Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Justin. It is eye-opening for me too.

    I don't have any friends in Antigua so it makes it hard to just go out and have fun :( I'm going to get out of town this weekend though. Going to Chichicastenango to check out Central America's oldest market. I hate shopping but I feel like I should still go.

    ReplyDelete