Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sad Sunday

As I've mentioned in previous posts, watching athletes / any athletic event is still, and probably always will be, difficult for me to watch. Today, I had the good fortune of being caught in the middle of a running road race. I walked to get my morning coffee and on the way there and on the way back, despite my best efforts to take an alternate route, I managed to be swarmed by runners. For part of the way, I was the lone salmon swimming upstream. I so terribly miss having that sinewy runner physique, being able to dress in athletic clothing (no, wearing a North Face jacket in San Francisco (wearing Athletic Clothing for no apparent reason - StuffWhitePeopleLike.com) does not count), that feeling of running downhill after the uphill climb, running either alone in the early morning or in a crowd in a road race, feeling light and fast, being able to eat a gazillion pancakes to fuel my body...I'm not sure how to best handle these emotions. Just suck it up, weather it and let these feelings pass until the next thought that stimulates me comes along? Feeling sad in general about leaving Guatemala at this time, even though there is a lot to look forward to in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment