Sunday, April 29, 2012

First public outing post-accident

I'm not doing this whole chronological thing very well. My Mum just sent me these pictures from my very first public outing post-accident. I remember how nervous, anxious, curious I was about the whole thing, namely, how would people look and interact with me? How would I eat at a regular table at the restaurant without getting food all over me and in my cervical collar (aka the food trap). These are pretty much the only pictures I have from my time in acute in-patient rehab. I wish I had taken more and documented my progress but I thought that this would be a period of my life I would want to forget and never look back on.

On the special van, all strapped in. I wore nothing but black sweatpants and t-shirts for several months.

Jen, my ex-housemate. We had only known each other for a month before my accident but I guess we were fated to meet because we love each other so much. 
Mum carrying my lunch leftovers. She was so incredibly patient with me, my temper tantrums, my moodiness, anger, sadness, frustration. It was a learning experience for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment